God has placed within my heart a passion and gift for encouraging and relating to the deep needs of other women.
I have been professionally trained in helping women discover and unleash their strengths, uncover their dreams and unlock their potential.
My heart is to walk with you through life’s challenges and help you discover and realize your God-given potential and purpose.
- I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was just a little girl. Yet I didn’t really pursue a deliberate and passionate relationship with Him until my late 20’s. It has been an incredibly painful, but beautiful and freeing journey since then as God has drawn me closer to Him and stripped away the things that I was clinging to for my hope, significance and security. You do not have to be a Christian for me to coach you, but I do come from a Christian worldview. It permeates every area of my life.
- My heart for encouraging women grew from the ways God has powerfully worked in my own life — as I’ve fought chronic pain and illness over the last 20 years, raised a special needs child, faced incredibly difficult parenting and marriage challenges and grappled with mental health issues with family members. In other words, I’ve been through some stuff. Yet I also know that it is possible to live a full life despite challenging circumstances.
- Received my BA in Mass Communications with an emphasis in Journalism from Taylor University in Indiana.
- Earned my Certification as a Professional Life Coach from the Christian Coach Institute, a highly regarded program accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF), the coaching industry’s gold standard governing body.
- Completed a 12-hour coaching leaders course, “Leadership Coaching: Coaching Executives, Business Leaders and Emerging Leaders,” through the Institute for Life Coach Training, a program also accredited by the ICF.
- Have served as the Women’s Ministry Director at my church for the last five years, leading women and cultivating leaders as they go deeper in their walk with Jesus. I’ve worked in the area of Women’s Ministry for the past 20 years.
- Worked as a healthcare staff writer and later as an account executive at a major marketing company. For more than 20 years, I worked as a freelance writer, creating marketing and public relations materials for hospitals and physician groups.
- Co-author of Mothering from Scratch: Finding the Best Parenting Style for Your Family (Bethany House, 2015) and Author of Invisible Wounds: Hope While You’re Hurting.
- Publishing credits include articles in Focus on the Family’s Focus on Your Child newsletters, Clubhouse, In Touch, CBN.com, Lifeway’s Journey devotional magazine for women. My work has also appeared on The Mighty, Mom Babble, Mamapedia, Bonbon Break and For Every Mom.
I coach women to overcome barriers and reach their potential in all seasons and struggles of life. Areas of specialty include:
- Spiritual Growth